Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tender Mercy # 9


I love being a girl. Everything about it. I love buying cute outfits and cute shoes, I love getting my hair done, painting my toes, putting on makeup, I love all of it.

In The Family: A Proclamation to the world, it says that, "Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose". I believe it. I love being a daughter and sister. I love that someday I might be a wife and mother.

There are so many blessings that come from being a woman. We have the ability to be gentle, loving, nurturing, smart, beautiful, and so much more.

During my mission, I felt so ungirly. It was hard to look plain and simple day after day. I longed for the day when I would be able to show my toes, wear trendy clothes, and have cute hair. And now almost 3 years after my mission, I still love it.

No comments: