Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tender Mercy # 13


When I was 20 years old I decided I wanted to go to BYU as a visiting student. Having it drilled in my mind that this was a place of milk and honey, I foresaw this experience to be one I would never forget. Well, with it being the first time I had ever left home, I got terribly home sick and wanted to come home the whole time. Not exactly what I had envisioned my BYU experience to be like.

Right before I left for my mission I kept feeling as if I would one day return to BYU. This impression seemed out of place since I hated it there. But I felt this way during my whole mission, so much that I applied. I received the acceptance letter one week after I had gotten home from my mission. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I wasn't sure what it would be like-would I like it? Would I hate it? All I knew is that it felt like something I should do. And so here I am-a BYU student.

The last two years have been wonderful. I love being a BYU student and everything that comes with it. It has blessed my life in so many ways, especially with being a teacher. The elementary education program has taught me everything I know about how to run a classroom. I see why the Lord wanted me here.

No comments: