Friday, December 11, 2009

Tender Mercy # 6

There is this book that I decided I was going to read when I was 17 years old. I had read the book before, and I remember that I really liked it, but this time around I had a different purpose, a different determination. During this time I was going through a lot. Anyone who has been 17 before can relate to that. I needed something. I wasn't sure what it was that I needed, but I had a feeling that reading this book would help me find it.

So the reading began. I can't fully remember all the details, but something happened. Something changed within me. I feel in love with this book and couldn't stop reading it. I wanted to know every detail and understand everything it taught. So the reading continued and continued. It was this same time that I decided that I wanted other people to know about this book. It was then that I decided I would give up a portion of my life to teach others about this book.

That opportunity came in September of 2005. I was able to share this book with people I barely even knew. I told them that it changed my life and that I knew it was true. I read it with them. I prayed about it with them. I saw many people fall in love with this book just like I had, a couple years before. I saw them change their lives based on what this book teaches. I saw them become better mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, and friends.

I met a woman who learned how to read at the age of 50+ from this book. Everyday she would meet with missionaries who helped her learn the basics and gradually she was able to read it. Two years after her first experience with this book, I was in her home every Friday morning reading this book with her. Such a neat experience.

And now, being a 26 (almost) year old I'm still in love with this book. It continues it change my life everyday. I'm so grateful for it. I'm so proud of the man that gave his life that it could come forth. I'm so grateful for prophets that testify of it.



No comments: