Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tender Mercy # 5


Ever since I was in the MTC, I have wanted to learn to play the piano. I had many companions who knew how to play, and each one in turn, taught me a little. But, since I was serving, it was unrealistic and almost impossible to practice. Five months after my mission, when I got to BYU I decided that it was time for me to begin lessons. I looked for a piano teacher and was able to find Sarah Kidd, who was great and all until she decided to go on study abroad and I was left without a teacher. For about a year, I didn't take lessons again.

Just recently I was able to find a wonderful piano teacher named Kara. I have been going for about two months now and I love it! It is so enjoyable to have something to work towards. It is challenging but very rewarding. My grandma is the BEST piano player in the world, and I'm hoping that I inherited her talents. Only time will tell.

No comments: