Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tender Mercy # 1

I've been trying to work on my Spanish and take time each day to improve it. This is a great goal, but oftentimes a little unrealistic. I decided to read my scriptures only in Spanish, and read more than a chapter a day. I've been so-so with this goal so far. Most days I'm able to read a lot, but then there are the days where I'm lucky to get one chapter in. Hence, me making this goal to begin with. Anyway, I feel that my Spanish is improving and that I'm able to have it when I need it (which is unfortunately not that often living here in Provo).

Last night I was talking with my friend Consuelo from Ecuador. She was our mamita while we were in Cotocallo/Condado and it was such a wonderful experience to be in her home each day. She is a single mom to two teenagers, Maria Jose and Jose Luis, and the three of them are remarkable people. We talked for a good 30 minutes and it was great to catch up her and see how her family is doing.

But here's the tender mercy-I was able to talk with her about everything and I was able to communicate so freely. It really showed me that I do still have my Spanish and that my efforts are working. I know that the Lord met me half way on this one, and matched my effort. I'm so grateful for His help and the sweet ways that He teaches us.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

You should be very proud of yourself and I'm certain you are a wonderful teacher!