Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tender Mercy # 8





It turns out that my car only has rear wheel drive. Being in Utah, this is not a good thing. I found out why on Saturday night. As I was parking to watch Kimball, I could feel my car get stuck in the snow by the sidewalk. There was very little snow, so I wasn't terribly worried about it. I figured Santi and Lizzie could just help me push it a little, and it would be fine.

Well, when we went to move it, we got it more stuck in the snow. We tried to get it out, but what resulted was it getting closer and closer to the curb until the front was completely stuck. Nice.

But, this is a tender mercy. And this is why. We had 4 men stop and help us. All at different times, in the mist of their Saturday night. A guy with a Toyota, Tundra attached my car to his with a chain and pulled it out. It's was so kind. I'm so grateful for people who are willing to help others they don't even know.

Today at church we were talking about being a good citizen and my thoughts went to this experience. I must confess that I do like living in Provo, despite the snow. There are such good people here who are wonderful examples to me.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I agree - I have had so many experiences like this one from such nice caring people who are willing to help. That was a fun adventure and I'm glad it had a happy ending.