Monday, December 7, 2009

Tender Mercy # 2


Today during lunch I was sitting in the faculty lounge and our conversations turned to the recent state of the economy. It's such a sad thing to consider those who are currently out of work right now, many with bachelor degrees and sufficient experience in the work force. It really got me to thinking about my job, and how I was able to get an internship. In so many ways, I had wanted to do student teaching and graduate in December, and then go back to Cali; thus leaving all the snow and terrible weather! But, I knew that doing an internship was what I needed to do.

As applying for the internship come increasingly closer, the stress level within the Elementary Education department intensified. Tensions were somewhat high, because we all knew there were more girls who wanted to intern, than intern position available. The application process was intensive and the interviews were nerve-racking, but alas I got the job. I was chosen. I'm so grateful. In so many ways it has blessed my life.

I love my students and having the opportunity to see them progress and grow. I love the faculty at Wasatch and how everyone is so caring and helpful. I love that I teach only 10 minutes away from where I live. I love receiving a paycheck every month. It may be half-salary, but it feels like I'm rich now, having been a college student for the past 2 years. I love being able to tell people that I'm a teacher and feeling so proud.

1 comment:

Evansfamily said...

So True...I find myself increasingly grateful for Jimmy's job. We are sooo blessed.