Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Big Brother

Zander knew from the beginning that we wanted to have a baby and that we were running into some trouble.  He was always so sweet and tender when my emotions ran high and I was in an infertility funk.  He was my little rock when I got discouraged and felt as if it might not ever happen.  He said to me one day, "Heavenly Father will bless us with a baby, why wouldn't he?"  It was so sweet and made me feel a lot better.

When we did IVF, we decided not to tell him until we had good news and had been pregnant for a little while.  As our 7 week appointment got closer, we contemplated taking him with us, but decided not to on the day of.

Once we got home from the appointment where we had learned we were having twins, we knew it was time to tell him.  We sat him down and had him watch the video of the appointment.  Before the video was actually started, I kept laughing and he kept asking what was so funny.  My thoughts were that his life was about to change so drastically!  He loved being the only child with us, so twins was quite the change!

When the video got to the part where the lady said there were two babies, he said, "TWO???"  Slapped his hand to his head and fell backwards on the couch.  It was a classic reaction!!  He kept asking us why two, why not one--we told him that it wasn't our choice!

Despite his initial reaction of being overwhelmed with the prospect of two siblings, he fell in love with the idea only days later!!   Here is a conversation I had with him over text a week after he found out he was going to be a big brother to twins!  

No comments: