Sunday, March 29, 2015

Our Big News!

On December 29th, Lance and I were excited to celebrate my birthday, but nothing compared to it being the day we would get our news about whether or not our IVF cycle worked.  With me being the mommy, I was so scared that it would be negative and with daddy being so positive, he didn't doubt it for a minute!  We had our blood draw for 9:15 am and I was kinda of a pill because they had to poke me twice.  After the blood draw, Lance and I tried to stay busy.  We did some shopping and went out to lunch.

 We were at lunch when the phone rang.  I chucked it at Lance, saying, "It's them, oh my gosh it's them."  Lance answered it like a champ and after a few seconds said, "That's great news!" With the biggest smile on his face!  We were so happy!!!!!  That first blood draw was 452, which could definitely be twins!  Although, that was news we wouldn't get for three more weeks.

Two days following our first blood draw, we needed to do a follow up blood draw to make sure that the numbers at least doubled.  This was scary because at that point, we had never had numbers double.  Getting past this point meant that we'd be further along than we'd ever been.  

Well, the phone rang, and the nurse on the other end said that the numbers were now up to 1052!  Lance and I were so excited.  We kissed and hugged and day dreamed about the little baby or babies that were coming into our family.  

That day was also special to us-it was the 4 year anniversary since Lance proposed to me!!  We loved how all these important days with the IVF procedure lined up with special dates in our lives.  It was one of the many miracles we experienced throughout this whole journey.   
                                         
After we received the call about the test results we went home and took a test!  Every pregnant woman needs a tangible pregnancy test to take pictures with!!  :)  
                                               
SO EXCITED!
                                 
Next time you see me here, I'll be huge and pregnant and then with two little boys!!!!!

No comments: