Monday, June 15, 2015

28 Weeks with Twins




Another little update on our favorite twins!  

Third trimester here we are!!  It is so fun and amazing to be at this stage in the pregnancy.  I'm so grateful to experience two little babies growing inside me-it's something that I never take for granted because there were times I thought it really might not ever happen.  The human body is an amazing thing and I've been very impressed to see what mine has done to accommodate these two little boys.

We had an appointment just this past week and we proudly announce that they are both weighing 2 pounds 14 ounces-little oinkers!!  It's so wonderful to have them on the large side-with twin pregnancies you never know when you'll need to deliver, so I'll gladly deal with the discomforts of two large babies.  My tummy measured 34 weeks which is right where it should be for a twin pregnancy.  

Some fun stats: 

How far along? 28 Weeks
Favorite thing about being pregnant lately: The boys don't really kick as much as they slither around with their limbs sticking out every which way-it's both endearing and creepy.  lol!  Despite it's initial creepiness, it's been so fun to feel them.  
Maternity clothes? I found some adorable shirts from Old Navy for super cheap!  Old Navy is the place to go!  Only wish I had gone sooner.   
Stretch marks? Surprisingly not yet.  My stomach is very stretched out so I keep expecting them, but so far nothing.  
Sleep: It has been very hard to get comfortable with the big belly, and throw the summer heat into the mix and it's quite miserable.  I also feel like I can't breath when I lay down which adds to the discomforts.  
Miss Anything?  I've been trying to get my house in order and my desires are stronger than what my body is currently capable of.  I've been getting very light headed so after even the simplest of tasks require me to sit down after.  I wish I could just zip through and organize and clean as much as I'd like.  It's hard to have the time but not be able to use it up.  
Symptoms:  snoring (so embarrassing), light headedness, exhaustion, nesting, peeing constantly
Food cravings: Anything sweet, cereal, crepes, donuts
Weight Gain: Somewhere around 38 pounds-Scale seems to say something different every day.   
What I'm looking mostly looking forward to: Lately I've been having fun looking at all the adorable clothes we got from the showers and imagining their little bodies in them!  I can't wait to see what they look like and how big they'll be once they're born!  It should be less than 10 weeks now--so crazy!!
Names: Zander and I still really love Landon William and Zachary Maximus, but Lance still wants to explore other names.  Some of the new names that have been added to the mix are Cameron, Leonardo, Blaze, Blake, and Wesley.  


No comments: