Saturday, January 22, 2011

Where it all began-Sammy's Cafe

I tried so hard to get out of Utah this past summer-I even packed up my car twice and headed South (once to Texas and once to Cali). When I realized that I wasn't going anywhere I was so devistated. I couldn't imagine carrying on life here for even one more year. Through it all I tried to stay positive and keep my self busy doing differnt things like going to the temple more, going to the gym, etc. All of things helped but I still didn't like being here. That would change.

Ten weeks ago today Lance and I started talking. What started out as a simple conversation lasted more than three hours. Since then we have seen each other every single day. It has been so fun and amazing.

I'll never forget the first time I spoke with Lance. We chatted over facebook for three hours. I loved the conversations we had, the questions he asked me, the things he wanted to know about me. Right off the bat, I could see that this boy was different and so beyond his years. That night I couldn't sleep a wink. I was so gitty and excited to meet and talk more with him.

We met up on a Tuesday night here in Provo in a little eatery called "Sammy's Cafe." Our connection continued and I loved meeting him.

As part of his Christmas gifts this year I got him a gift card to Sammy's in honor of our first date. We had the opportunity to go there for lunch today and relive our first meeting!



1 comment:

lyn. said...

You guys sure eat out a lot!!

I love reading about your love story...