Thursday, August 27, 2015

Life in the NICU

Since Landon and Zachary were born at 36.4 weeks, we anticipated that there would be at least a brief stay at the hospital.  It ended up being 6 days, which wasn't too bad.  Life in the NICU wasn't too rough at American Fork Hospital.  I really liked the different nurses and thought they took good care of my babies.  The hardest parts were all the cords the boys had to be attached to and being confined to such a tiny spot and not being able to leave with them.  I just wanted to love on my babies, and the NICU, although life-saving, creates ridiculous barriers between mommies and babies.  

My hospital stay was 4 days and the boys' was 6.  This wasn't a problem because we were able to pay a small fee and stay there until we could all come home together!  

Here are some fun pictures from our NICU experience and the first days of Landon and Zachary's life:
Landon taking his binky!  
Mommy and Zachary 
Grandma Mari and Landon
Aunt Noel holding Landon and Zachary 
Daddy was feeding Zach and he reached up and grabbed his hand. :)
Mommy and her twiners
Daddy and his twiners
Landon and Zachary--our miracle babies! 
Their station in the NICU.  I loved the name tags a nurse made them!  
Mommy and Zachy (Looks like Zach got mommy's nose) 
Caught a smile from Landon!  
Big brother meeting little brothers!!  Zander and Zachary 
My boys! 
Landon and Zachary got Zander a bear that says, "I'm the big brother" for his 10th birthday!  Zander turned 10 on August 15, just 3 days after the boys were born.  He was so happy they weren't born on his birthday.  Ten years ago Zander was born at the same hospital!  
Big brother feeding Landon 
Landon
Zachary
My happy place!
Landon and Zachary
Zach and Landon
Zach sleeping on me :)

No comments: