Wednesday, August 19, 2015

36 Weeks Pregnant with Twins

(This post was written one week after the twins arrived.  I still wanted to share it so we'd have a memory of the last part of the pregnancy).  

Here is the last pregnancy picture that was taken before Landon and Zachary joined our family!  This pregnancy was so very special to me.  I loved every minute of it.  I was definitely blessed with an amazingly easy pregnancy, which of course helped make it so dreamy.  Thinking back to when we first found out we were pregnant bring tears to my eyes.  Words fall short.  Things that we wait for are always so much better once we get them.  I found that to be so true with the pregnancy of the twins.  I also love how all my blessings come in twos-Lance and Zander and now Landon and Zachary.  I'm so blessed.  And happy.  

Last pregnancy stats:

How far along: 36 weeks

How big am I measuring: 45 weeks

Weight gain in total: 55 pounds

Favorite thing about being pregnant lately: I love how close we are to meeting the boys!  We have had some indications that it's pretty close and we are so excited!  I love how any time I make any discomfort noise Lance asks me if I'm having a contraction all excited!  He can't wait to meet these boys and I love seeing him relish in it all!  I also love how my tummy gets so much attention.  I can't go anywhere without people staring and asking questions--I love it!  I want to say that I'll miss the attention but with having twins, I'll forever get that attention from strangers.  Twins are so fun!!  

Another favorite thing is an awesome video our family made called Belly Bump!  Lance was the master mind behind it all-he created a rap called Belly Bump, which illustrates all the different symptoms and discomforts of pregnancy and then he and Zander created music to go with it using garage band.  We then acted out the different parts of the song and danced to the music!  It turned out so cute!  We loved it! 

Stretch Marks: Not one!!  Not sure how I managed that, but I do give credit to coconut oil, vitamin E oil and daily lotion.  

Sleep: Sleep is very hard to come by at this point in the pregnancy.  Relaxing and doing nothing is even uncomfortable. Ha!  With a 45 week belly, there is just no getting comfortable.  

Symptoms: Cankles, sore back, heavy tummy, carpel tunnel, and general feelings of discomfort.  

Cravings: sherbet yogurt, sandwiches, and chocolate chip cookies.  

Plan: Baby A is breech, so my only opinion is a c-section.  At first, I was very sad and tried to get him to turn but there just wasn't any room.  I now feel better and understand that a c section is the safest (and only) option and it will be beautiful.  Lance is really happy that we can just plan the surgery and I won't have to toil through attempting a vaginal delivery that ultimately ends in a c section.  We had it planned for the 24th of August, but I went into labor on my own (so grateful!!) on August 12th and we met our gorgeous boys later that night!!  

Some burp cloths I made for the boys.  I had tons of random baby fabric that I needed to use up and this was the perfect project.  
When I say cankles, I mean CANKLES!  These things were so gross and I could barely stand it!  I was retaining water and gained an additional 5 pounds until it went away.  It was so hard to wear even my loose-fitting shoes.  
Once it went away!!!  Aww...I felt human again!  I was never as happy to see my boney, veiny feet!  
Non-stress test.  By the end of the pregnancy I was doing NSTs weekly.  

No comments: