Monday, July 20, 2015

33 Weeks Pregnant with Twins

We have made it to 33 weeks!!  We have had no complications and no indications that they're coming anytime soon!!  It's been such a blessing.  Keep on growing, babies!  

At our last few appointments, the babies have been around a pound ahead of the game, putting them in the 72nd percentile!  What little chunkers!  I can feel limbs sticking out this way and that constantly-it's crazy!  

I have an appointment later today to see how they are doing.  The last two ultrasounds they were breech and transverse, making it impossible for a natural/vaginal delivery.  So, we are in the thick of planning for a c-section.  At first I was very scared and cried about the prospect of dealing with the aftermath of a surgical birth while learning to tend to newborn twins, but I've come to terms with it and I'm feeling a lot better.

  Lance and I have received feelings of peace, and we feel like this is what's best for the boys.  And there are blessings that come along with a c-section.  For example, we'll get to choose the day and time (more or less) of when we'll deliver and I won't have to go through all the contractions-we'll just cut through the chase and move forward with the c-section.  We are hoping and praying for a favorable outcome.  Our biggest worry right now is no being able to do skin to skin immediately after they are born.  We are going to talk to our doctor and see what can be done to ensure I get to see my babies right after I deliver.  Wish us luck!  

Our nursery is so close to being done!  I've had SO much fun getting it all ready and creating it into a perfect little space for them!  We decided to do a nautical theme and I couldn't be happier with how it's all come together.  I'm so excited for once it's done and we can do the big reveal--it will be so fun!!  Hopefully by the end of this week it will be complete!  

Now for the stats:  

How far along: 33 weeks

How far along am I measuring tummy wise: 41 weeks ( Wowzers!  Definitely feeling it!) 

Weight gain so far: Around 50 pounds

Favorite thing about being pregnant lately: How close we are to meeting the twins.  I can't wait to see what they look like and who they take after.  I also enjoy how EVERYONE I pass anywhere wants to stop and ask me about the bump.  I've received so many comments about how my baby is on it's way out.  I politely correct them that it's babies and they still have a few good weeks!  Twin pregnancies get so much attention.  When I tell people I'm not due until September 5th, they are shocked!  

Stretch Marks-Surprisingly still none.  I'm thinking that I'll probably get them all at once.  I've been using coconut oil which is really soothing and refreshing.  Maybe that's why I haven't seen any yet...?  I do have a ton of spider veins which is no fun.  :(  Small price to pay :)  

Sleep: What's that?!  Nearly impossible at this point in time.  

Symptoms: Sore tummy, carpel tunnel feelings in my hands, light-headedness, fatigue, peeing a lot, difficulty breathing, always hungry, swelling in feet (cankles :( ), swelling in hands, and difficulty sleeping.  Just to name a few... :)  

Food Cravings: Little Ceasar's pizza with pineapples.  


No comments: