Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lance


Life is full of trials, one after the other. It seems to me that there is no escaping the fact that at any given time in life one will be going through at least one trial. Tonight as I was writing in my journal about a particular trial that I was recently dealing with it started me thinking about trials in general and how they help us grow and learn. Not the trial alone, but the decision we must make to turn our trial over to the Lord and realize our dependency on Him.

A trial in particular which was so hard for me was being single. I hated it. I was so lonely and felt as if I had no one and might possibly never have anyone. It bothered me that I felt so crappy about it but try as I may, I could never change it. I would go through pockets of time where I was okay with it and it didn't consume me as much, but those times were short and fleeting.

My husband in a likewise way has had his share of trials and growth. Some of the things he's endured I wouldn't wish on anyone. I know his different experiences have helped shape him into the person he is.

It's been 8 months since I got married to Lance and I am so happy. I knew I would love being a wife and being married, but I had no idea it could possibly be this good. He is so kind and thoughtful to me and our relationship has been one of respect and love. I know that because of our trials we have a strong dedication to make our marriage be the best possible. We appreciate each other and desire to keep the other happy.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

So glad the trial of being single is over for you and that you are so happy! No matter what you face ahead it is so much better when you have someone you love at your side. You guys are awesome! Love you!

Andrea said...

I am so happy for you! I remember our single days together and I am so glad we both are happy. You are such a sweet person and I imagine you are doing a wonderful job as wife and mommy!