Monday, May 18, 2015

24 Weeks with Twins


Just a little update on our favorite twins!  

These past few weeks we have been feeling the babies kick like crazy!!  It's so magical!  I first felt them kick while we were on the cruise at 19 weeks.  Baby B gave the first kick on our 4 year anniversary-yet another special day!  And his brother gave a good kick 2 days later!  I had been dying for the kicks to come since everyone's latest question had become, "Are you feeling them kick yet?" It put the subject on my mind and I looked so forward to it!  I love it!  Little Baby Boy B has always been so much more active in the ultrasounds than Baby A, and of course he kicks about 2x more than Baby A.  We are so excited to see if these boys' personalities follow what we've seen/felt so far...Only 12-14 weeks left to go!  Crazy!      

Some fun stats: 

How far along? 24 Weeks
Favorite thing about being pregnant:  Knowing there are two little boys growing in me that are half me and half my husband!  Feeling them kick and move!  Zander talking to my stomach in a baby voice!  How excited my little family is about the twins!  
Maternity clothes? Just about nothing fits anymore, thank you weight gain.  Work has been the hardest to dress for and I find myself wearing a lot of the same outfits each week.  It will be nice in two weeks when school gets out and I don't have to worry about looking "professional' anymore.  At home, you'll usually find me in a t-shirt and comfy/yoga pants.   
Stretch marks? None yet, but I think they are coming.  Super itchy skin!  
Sleep: Sleep has been hit and miss-sometimes I sleep great, and sometimes I wake up and can't fall back asleep.  I don't know how much of it is related to pregnancy, though.  
Miss Anything?  Being more mobil, my cute clothes, being able to get things off the floor without it taking a few seconds, breathing easily.  
Symptoms:  Nerve pain in my back-mainly on the right side, painless contractions, exhaustion, weight gain
Food cravings: Anything sweet, Dr. Pepper (Don't worry-I'm not drinking it, just really wanting it), Costa Vida, crepes, cereal, pizza
Weight Gain: 35 pounds 
What I'm looking mostly looking forward to: Lately, I've been really wondering what they will look like.  I can't help but picture two little Zanders!!  The Gardner Quad Mom did a Facebook post with one baby and said, "Guess which baby!"  I thought that was so cute and I hope they look enough alike that I can do the same posts once they're here!  

No comments: