Monday, December 23, 2013

Halloween 2013

Mr. Zander got to be with us this Halloween and we all had so much fun!  He chose to be Honest Abe and Lance and I were Mr. and Mrs. Waldo.  Since Where's Waldo is a semi-disappearing character, I figured the majority of my younger students wouldn't know who he was.  So, about two weeks before the holiday, I got two Where's Waldo books from the city library and let my kids look at them as a reward.  It was such a hit!  Those simple books were so much fun, and a simple way to get students to work harder.  I rechecked them out a couple times, and it didn't get old for some time.  


 For as long as I can remember, Halloween has always been my favorite holiday.  My best friend growing up and I would always go to extremes with our costumes and have so much fun trick or treating.  Some of my most favorite childhood memories come from Halloween nights.  Now, as an adult I love to celebrate with my little family and students.  Being an elementary school teacher is the best around Halloween time!  

This year we went trick or treating with the Evans around the Provo Temple.  It was perfect!  

No comments: