Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ricky!!


One of the hardest things about choosing to go on a mission was the fact that my sister, Jessi was pregnant. I had always envisioned we'd have our children together, and experience those life moments simultaneously. I had already made the decision when Jessi told me she was pregnant. I was so excited for my mission and the adventures that laid ahead, but heartbroken that the baby would be born in my absence. I wanted to be there for her, and share the joys of it all.

I was serving in a city called Santo Domingo when Ricky was born. My dad sent me the cutest pictures of a baby with his little hands on his lips. I was dying to meet this little guy.

Ricky turned one just two days before I got home. I'll never forget being at the airport and seeing him for the first time. His red hair and freckles won my heart.

Now the little booger is turning 5 in two days! What a personality he has...so adventurous and fun! I can't wait for Ricky and Alexander to meet-it will be a match made in heaven. I'm pretty sure of it.

I love you, Ricky! Happy Birthday!

No comments: